In today’s rapidly evolving technology landscape, an organization’s data has never been a more important aspect in achieving mission and business goals. Our data exploitation experts work with our clients to support their mission and business goals by creating and executing a comprehensive data strategy using the best technology and techniques given the challenge.
At Steampunk, our goal is to build and execute a data strategy for our clients to coordinate data collection and generation, to align the organization and its data assets in support of the mission, and ultimately to realize mission goals with the strongest effectiveness possible.
For our clients, data is a strategic asset. For the our client, they are looking to become a facts-based, data-driven, customer-focused organization. To help realize this goal, they are leveraging visual analytics platforms to analyze, visualize, and share information. At steampunk you will design and develop on a next-generation Visual Analytics and Collaboration suite.
We are looking for seasoned Data Scientist to work with our existing team of Data Architects and Developers to develop Strategies and then deliver results. We are looking for a more than just a "Data Scientist", but a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data.
• Experience modeling on structured and unstructured data sets
• Experience with exploratory data analysis
• Experience in feature engineering
• Experience in data visualization
• Experience with Deep Learning approaches
• Knowledge of DevSecOps as it applies to data science
• Knowledge of data collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
• Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
• Support an Agile software development lifecycle
• US Citizen Only
• Ability to hold a position of public trust with the US government.
• Strong programming skills in SQL, Python, R, or Java
• Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, or other Deep Learning tools
• Experience in big data systems including Hadoop, Spark, Scala
• Data visualization skills in Tableau, Power BI, D3, ArcGIS
• Experience with Git, Bash, Unix commands
• Experience in Cloud analytics (AWS or Azure) with tools such as AWS SageMaker, Azure HDInsight, etc.
• Experience using Python to manipulate large data sets
• Knowledge of data governance tools such as Talend
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.