Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is looking for an experienced REST API Developer with an appetite for taking on new challenges.
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we’re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients’ ever-changing needs.
At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while repurposing tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
We also believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team of “Punks,” you’ll test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees’ work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more.
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on moderately complex problems that require an appropriate level of knowledge of API development, deployment, and support for effective implementation.
• Apply principles, methods and knowledge of application interfaces to specific requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering.
• Design REST APIs using the OpenAPI framework and JSON schemas to extract transactional data from external systems for ingestion into Interface databases, “System of Record” databases, and Data Warehouses.
• Orchestrate the movement of data and source documents to defined target systems and repositories
Meet with business stakeholders to clarify and document integration requirements
• Minimum 10 years of hands on information technology implementation experience.
Minimum 3 years of experience as a REST API Developer – designing, creating, and monitoring complex interfaces
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent.
• Experience using Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS) and the Oracle Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Suite highly desirable
• Experience with the Oracle RDBMS and related technologies is a must, including experience in data modeling, SQL, and ETL
• Experience creating and supporting MS Power BI reports and dashboards preferred, but not required.
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.