Behind everything the users see in the web application is the architecture built and maintained by the development team to keep the software running. From feature and enhancement development to maintenance activities and troubleshooting efforts, we make the customer’s mission possible.
As an Application Developer, you will play a major role in developing, deploying, and supporting our customer’s internal business web application. Most of the time, you will be tasked with creating customizations for the web application, building enhancements and new features. When the situation presents itself, you’ll be part of the project team that defines, develops and deploys new capabilities.
Application Developers understand internal processes and what it takes to keep websites running at speed in fast-paced, dynamic environments. In this role, you'll focus on solving complex problems and creating value for application users by building solutions that are reliable and enhance the overall user experience.
Supports a high-tempo, agile development environment with continuous bug remediation and enhancements in various stages of execution.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience designing and developing applications at the Senior Programmer level and/or;
· Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in an IT-related field.
· Proficient developing complex assignments in .Net using tools/technologies such as C#, MS SQL, JQuery, SQL Server Reporting Services, AJAX controls like Telerik, experience with Team foundation Server.
· Knowledge of MVC and latest trends in application architecture.
· Experience with working on full project life cycle starting with requirements gathering all the way to unit testing and system documentation.
· Experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience providing project briefs to senior executives.
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.