Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is looking for an experienced DevSecOps Engineer with an appetite for taking on new challenges.
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we’re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients’ ever-changing needs.
At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while repurposing tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
We also believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team of “Punks,” you’ll test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees’ work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more
Steampunk is supporting a government customer that is organized into agile teams working to develop integrated solutions using the Agile/SAFe Framework. The DevSecOps Engineer will work as part of an agile development team to build and support enterprise-class software applications. The current technology stack includes front-end web interfaces, web services, server-side business logic batch jobs such as extract-transform-load (ETL), and database backends.
Serve as a DevSecOps engineer for client systems to automate and orchestrate manual security and operations activities to create resiliency, improve efficiency, reliability, and security of the mission. Support systems architecture development and integration, script development, integrated logistics support, configuration management, systems and mission engineering, and life cycle management. Develop technical solutions to complex problems that that change the way the delivery team operates. Focus on increasing automation capabilities using Pivotal Platform, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or similar tools and services. Leverage expertise in Cloud architectural constructs as well as Cloud-specific technologies and services using knowledge of Cloud APIs to establish and maintain Cloud environments programmatically. Perform engineering and management tasks in planning, development, test, production, operations, and maintenance environments. Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend challenges and prototype new ideas. Help us disrupt the DevSecOps environment.
• 3+ years of experience with networking, infrastructure, or database engineering or operations
• 3+ years of experience with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration
• 3+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure
• 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code environments, including any activities around automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, and monitoring and testing, such as CI/CD
• Experience with automation tools, including Pivotal, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
• Experience with automating system configurations and orchestrating network operations and DevSecOps pipelines, scaling, releases, and day-to-day system operations in Cloud environments
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• BA or BS degree required
• Experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in Cloud environments including AWS, Azure or GCP
• Experience with identifying and implementing automation to improve user experience
• Experience with scripting in Concourse, Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, or Ruby
• Experience with open technologies, DevSecOpsOps, and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, Git, and others
• Experience with system integration using a variety of protocols, including XML, REST, and JSON
• Experience with leveraging JSON, YAML, or XML for configuration
• Experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies
• Experience with documenting an as-is state of the environment, perform a gap analysis, and produce artifacts that articulate options and recommendations preferred
• Experience with containerization including OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.