Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is looking for an experienced Senior Java Microservices Developer with an appetite for taking on new challenges.
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we’re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients’ ever-changing needs.
At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while repurposing tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
We also believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team of “Punks,” you’ll test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees’ work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more
Steampunk is supporting a government customer that is organized into agile teams working to develop integrated solutions using the Agile/SAFe Framework. The Senior Java Microservices Developer will work as part of an agile development team to build and support enterprise-class software applications. The current technology stack includes front-end web interfaces, web services, server-side business logic batch jobs such as extract-transform-load (ETL), and database backends. We provide solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to cloud based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector focused packages. You would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or cloud based service.
As a Senior Java Technical Consultant you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will:
• 5+ Years of strongly skilled, hands-on core Java and J2EE skills while being well-versed on design patterns and related frameworks
• 3+ Years hands on with Web Services/REST APIs
• Experience in Springboot, Spring Cloud, and Microservices
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
• Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Strong debugging, problem solving, and investigative skills with the ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages, etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
• Seeks to be a future technology leader, a dynamic individuals energized by fast-paced personal and professional growth
• Self-starter who can work independently
• Skilled problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions
• Possesses a flexible and adaptable attitude with discipline to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments
• Phenomenal communicator who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers
• Experience with automation tools, including Pivotal, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
• Experience in cloud technologies like Pivotal, IBM Bluemix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a plus
• Client-facing or consulting experience highly preferred
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• BA or BS degree required
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.