Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is looking for an experienced Senior Splunk IT Service Intelligence Engineer with an appetite for taking on new challenges/
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we’re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients’ ever-changing needs.
At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while creatively improving tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find innovative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
As a member of the engineering team, the Splunk Engineer should be proficient with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data. The engineer should be proficient within a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Provide engineering, and administration in supporting a very large distributed clustered Splunk environment consisting of search heads, indexers, deployers, deployment servers, heavy/universal forwarders and Splunk Enterprise Security premium app, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
• Assist the engineering and cybersecurity team members to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
• Experience in DevOps or AIOps / ITSI
• Two (2)+ years of hands-on experience in a Splunk engineering role supporting SOC or NOC environments.
• Two (2)+ Years of hands-on experience in Linux/RedHat system administration and relational or NoSQL database experience to include one of the following: Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, or related AWS and Azure WPaas datbase services. .
• Two (2)+ years hands-on experience with containerization technologies like Docker or Kubernetes.
• One (1)+ Years of experience in app interface development, using REST APIs.
• Minimum of Five (5) years hands-on of experience working with IT systems and/or;
• Associates Degree, with a preference of Bachelor’s degree, or higher in an IT related field.
o Experience using Jira and utilizing agile methodologies.
Experience writing scripts using bash, Python, or PowerShell.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Experience explaining technical issues and approaches to senior executives.
o Hands-on experience using Jenkins, Ansible or Chef, GitHub, and JFrog Artifactory or Sonatype Nexus repository manager..
o Hands-on experience configuring Jenkins pipelinesthat provide zero downtime.Ability to follow Change Controls & Configuration Management.
o Strong problem-solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure.
o Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
o Experience writing scripts using bash, Python, or PowerShell.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in automating Splunk cloud deployments Experience in Splunk IT Service Intelligence or other AIOps platforms (New Relic, AppDynamics, etc.)
• Experience writing IAM policies and implementing VPC/EC2 security groups.
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.