Design. Disrupt. Repeat. Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is looking for an experienced engineers with an appetite for taking on new challenges.
This individual will join a team of highly technical and proactive IT experts with the shared purpose: to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering, systems and infrastructure initiatives. The customer’s mission is to enable secure, effective, and efficient operations for functional divisions by applying innovative approaches to accelerate the delivery of value to the end users.
We are looking for a Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform Engineer to join the Cloud Foundry Engineering team. As a Platform Engineer, this role will be responsible for full end-to-end design and operational management of all of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry platforms and assist in full automation engineering to support and maintain the platform. The Cloud Foundry Engineering Practice delivers insightful and personalized experiences for customers and team members, drives greater operational efficiency, while reducing risk and expenses and driving revenue expansion. This team is comprised of a diverse group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment and continued availability of assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise. The Platform Engineer will provide automation and engineering for the platform and support services to allow our users to optimize how work is done through the leveraging functionality and capabilities of Pivotal Cloud Foundry. The engineer will work on complex problems where analysis of situations or applications requires an evaluation of numerous factors. Team members apply their knowledge of the environments, software, infrastructure, function, performance, availability, capacity and data to more effectively design, engineer, maintain and troubleshoot on the Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform.
• 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
• 5+ years of UNIX experience
• 5+ years of Linux experience
• 5 + years of experience troubleshooting environments across the entire architecture (i.e. applications to infrastructure)
• 3+ years of application production support experience
• 1+ year of engineering and support experience on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform
• A BS/BA degree in information technology
• Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions
• Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
• Ability to manage to production goals, deadlines, and various metrics
• Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure: data center, network, storage, and compute-domains
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.