Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is looking for someone experienced in being a project manager for Salesforce development. If you’ve got an appetite for taking on new challenges, this is the job for you! You're going to be challenged each day with new and complex mission and delivery opportunities as you serve as the project manager leading Salesforce development for a major mission system.
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we’re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients’ ever-changing needs.
At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while repurposing tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
We also believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team of “Punks,” you’ll test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees’ work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
• Identifies and manages project risk
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Authorized to work for any U.S. employer
• 3+ years managing IT projects using waterfall and agile methodolgies and Approaches
• Experience building and working within a Project Management Office (PMO)
• Experience managing sub-contractors
• Experience in designing and developing software components and having a very strong Service Oriented Architecture and integration background
• Experience in Salesforce project delivery
• PMI PMP Certification and/or Certified Scrum Master.
• Experience working in a studio / human centered design approach
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.