Steampunk is looking for you to be our Microsoft Power BI Developer in support of a federal client in the Washington DC area. This client has a heavy focuse on data management and visualization of their current mission essential inventory and equipment.
Specific day-to-day activities include:
• Providing direct support to client for day-to-day execution of operations, to include: updating schedules using Access/Excel, Implementing changes in Report Builder
• Developing reports in SSRS using T-SQL in SSMS, report builder or visual studio
• Editing/developing SSIS (ETL) packages
• Managing and customizing sites in SharePoint
• Dashboarding SSRS reports in Performance Point
• Filtering in Performance Point and connecting to SSMS tables
• Brainstorming and future planning sessions
• Providing continuous process improvement support and developing recommendations for key client issues
• Tracking action items and client requirements
• Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis related to fielded systems and clients inventory.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT degree or 3 years of hands on IT experience
• Hands-on experience in Power BI-
o Data set ingestion and transformation
o Creation of dashboards and data models
• Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, from managers to technical resources, to include the translation of business requirements into operational measures and reports
• US Citizenship
• ETL, SSAS, and SSIS experience
• SSRS Reporting knowledge
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.