Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change and the first line of information security defense on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence within the Department of Homeland Security. Steampunk is looking for someone experienced in using Jira for the planning and tracking of work within a scrum or kanban Agile methodology. If you’ve got an appetite for taking on new challenges, this is the job for you! You’ll be asked to be flexible in the types of tasks you’ll be asked to perform, ranging from some business analyst work to work more closely aligned to a scrum master type role.
We’re a cybersecurity program within DHS that directly supports over 70 systems with a team of about 50 people. We’d be asking you to take the lead in our desire to implement Jira as a tool to assist us in the planning, tracking, and execution of a body of work required as part of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) utilized by our teams of Information System Security Officers (ISSOs) within the program. We’d be asking you to teach teams how to use Jira, assist them with the planning and execution of sprints of work, and advise and assist these teams in how to best use Jira to better provide visibility and transparency into their work. You’d be responsible for facilitating the training of these teams in how to use Jira in addition to service in some instances as the business analyst or facilitator within discussions and planning sessions for planned and organized epics or larger bodies of work.
Audit system security package elements and related systems to ensure content is current, accurate thorough, and compliant with DHS and ICE policies and procedures. Develop remediation plans for gaps and weaknesses.
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
1. Instruct, guide, and mentor team members in the usage of Jira for the purposes of planning and tracking of their work in the scrum or kanban Agile methodology.
2. Facilitate Increment and sprint planning sessions with clients and team members in order to ensure that planned work is well defined, planned, articulated, and understood.
3. Assist team leads, clients, and other team members in the supervision of the implementation of Jira as a tool to track work within a program of approximately 50 team members broken down into 5 or 6 smaller team components.
4. Provide guidance and assistance in the usage of Jira for reporting of work progress against epics and other larger bodies of work or types of work.
5. Serve as the primary SME for Jira within a team of cybersecurity professionals.
6. Provide guidance, training, and advice on best practices and Agile methods to better plan and execute work within the team.
7. Facilitate retrospectives and reviews of work at periodic ends of increments or sprints.
8. Serve as the business analyst in planning and user story creation while others on the team are learning how to perform this function organic to the ISSO team.
2 years of using Jira as a business analyst and/or scrum master.
Experience in instructing or teaching others on the usage of Jira.
Experience in capturing and creating epics and user stories within Jira.
Experience in sprint planning and execution of work using Agile methodologies.
Must have 5 years of IT experience (inclusive of 1 year of Cybersecurity experience) if you hold a BS or Master’s Degree in an IT field. Or, 7 years of IT experience (inclusive of 3 years of Cybersecurity experience) if you hold a BS in a non-IT field. Or, 9 years of IT experience (inclusive of 5 years of Cybersecurity experience) if you hold non degree.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
• May lead and direct work of others.
• U.S. Citizen
• Public Trust Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Possesses at least one of the following professional security certifications:
o Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
o Software Security Certifications
o CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
o CSSLP: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
o Certified Scrum Product Owner
o Lean Six Sigma Gren Belt
o Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Similar security professional certifications must be approved by the Federal PM.
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.