Steampunk is seeking a forward-leaning, forward-thinking, smart, hard-working, aggressive Cloud Architect to help our clients assess their operational environments and plan, develop, and execute both strategic and tactical roadmaps for cloud migration. We want to work with folks who love research, want to pilot programs, and prove to our customers that our solutions provide real business value. Please don't apply if you want to be told what to do. We want you to ask the questions about what our customers need, vocalize and document recommendations, and then formulate, propose, and execute the plan to fulfill those needs. That being said, you must be able to play well with others. Our customers are largely Federal Government clients, who have the typical constraints, concerns, and requirements associated with performance plans, organizational responsibilities, etc. Further, you must be willing and able to effectively work with teams of other cloud, systems, and network engineers; as well as project managers - and have excellent communication skills and attitude.
The Cloud Architect will be expected to effectively, cooperatively:
• provide leadership in in building and launching a cloud strategy and cloud environment for use in federal agencies... incorporating FedRAMP and other Federal guidance and requirements
• work closely in a matrixed organization of development, cybersecurity, and Operations and Maintenance teams to support the design, automation, and deployment of infrastructure
• transform traditional infrastructure deployment models to maximize the benefit of the cloud infrastructure with automation and monitoring
• design cloud infrastructure using industry best practices for delivery of cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on cloud migrations and deployments
• design, implement and support of infrastructure automation utilizing standardized tools and processes
• research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
• assess and compare cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
• provide expertise in cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
• assist development teams with designing new applications with a cloud-native approach to application architecture
Candidate must have a Master’s Degree or higher and/or 15 years of experience
15+ years of professional experience, with at least 5 years experience developing cloud architectures, building cloud infrastructures, and/or migrating applications to the cloud
An industry-recognized certification in Azure or AWS
CCNA or CCNP certification
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.