Steampunk is looking for a dynamic and experienced Java developer to join our agile teams to provide applications support for the migration of a Grants Management System to Pega Cloud Platform. The system provides automated support in managing the full lifecycle of the grants administration process for Federal grant resources including the initialization of funding opportunities, the application review and award process, the post award monitoring and administration process, and the grants termination/closeout process. The system is the official system of record for grants administration.
The customer has embarked on a major Digital Transformation initiative to reimagine the Grants Lifecycle Management process inlcuding streamlining key business processes. Our team is providing an architecture and infrastructure that is agile, flexible, scalable, and able to accommodate innovation for this and all future initiatives.
Our team is looking for a dynamic and experienced Java developers to join our agile teams. Ideal candidate must have experience developing and maintaining backend Java applications in AWS environment. The individual must be comfortable in a hands-on development role and able to work with a varied technology stack and toolset.
The Java Developer with AWS Experience will execute the following responsibilities:
· Designs, develops and maintains Java interface applications.
· Adheres to industry standard best practices for software development and maintenance.
· Identifies and leads the way for making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
· Troubleshoots production issues and recommends innovative and effective solutions.
· Quickly identifies defects and their root cause during all phases of the software development lifecycle.
· Leads the design, development and implementation of software modifications in response to system change requests.
· Works closely with Federal customer to ensure system functions according to stakeholder needs.
· Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective and efficient solutions that meet business requirements.
· Java development experience with enterprise level applications
· Experience in Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology
· Experience in working in AWS environment
· Experience in developing interface applications (RESTful, SOAP)
· Experience in developing/maintaining microservices
· Experience in working with databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
· 5 Years Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science related field
· Must have good communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and technical personnel.
· Contract Requires US Citizenship
· Must be able to obtain and maintain an Agency specific Public Trust clearance
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.